May 22, 2014

Peter Made Me Do It

Yes, it was reading Male Pattern Boldness and seeing all the great things Peter whips up for himself that not only drove me to try sewing some clothing again, but traveling to fashion fabric heaven in New York City.

 The first stop was Butoni where  inexplicably photography is not allowed.















                                           Then to the TV famed MOOD. You do watch Project Runway, don't you?














Cameras were no problem and the staff was very helpful AND friendly...especially my cutter.
My purchases below. They are all knits because they are so hard to find in my locale.




This was snapped through the window of another shop. I like color but I'm not a glitter or sequin fan.


We spent all afternoon shopping, walking, gawking and lugging and then saw the Broadway show "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical". It was terrific and I'm hoping Jessie Mueller wins the Tony for her portrayal of Carole.   









Saturday morning we headed off to the Flea Market at the 25th St. Garage where I encountered these eyeglass frames. I love colorful frames and I bought these. 


                    They will look better with the tinted sunglass lenses I am going to put in them. 
Also bought a book on fabric.


A short hop down the and across the street is City Quilter which stocks a some really nice quilting cotton with a NYC theme. These are for non-clothing items I'll be making for my Etsy shop.


The blue on the left is a laminated waterproof fabric and fits into the theme since we race walked 12 blocks in a drenching rain after the show when we couldn't get a taxi and had no idea what subway to take!

                         I LOVE NEW YORK!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, love, love, love this! It's kind of like looking at paper. ,This is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on that great fabric score, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love those New York fabrics...

    ReplyDelete