March 23, 2013

Off to the Expo!







Francine is helping me out here by holding onto just one day's load of goodies acquired at Sewing & Quilt Expo I attended for two days this week.

She stayed home wearing my tablecloth apron adorned with sewing images from
THE GRAPHICS FAIRY .

The fabric choices were phenominal. Of course, this show is angled toward quilters, most of whom have fancy machines that do all the actual stitching but I found loads of inspirational fabrics to create my kind of creations.

Are you familiar with those fabric strips called Jelly Rolls? Here is a huge one.
My sewing buddy, Susan, stands by.
Well, it is pretending to be one. But really is a big piece of foam covered in a jelly roll costume! This is Pam demonstrating how to relax. The pattern is from Carol at Aunties Two. Check it out.
 
This is a better view of the stack at the rear left in the pic below
 
Found lots of dots...my current passion
This rick-rack is huge and the colors are great
This was abargain find. It is so unusual and I have some fun ideas for it. Keep up with me each week to see what happens to it.
 
an then there is this. I bought it in a red/blue combination last year and haven't sewn it up yet. Now I will two!
The check is on one side and the plaid is on the reverse and is it very light and airy.  Perfect for a summer tunic, maybe. I better get this all used up before next year's Expo.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post and funny photo on the oversized Jelly Roll (had to do a doubletake, until you said it was a prop!)

    Love the apron you did with GraphicsFairy image on the bib too :)

    Visiting from Brag Monday linky party @Graphicsfairy
    Smiles,
    Suz @ MaytagNmom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't exactly a prop. They have instructions on how to make them,

      Delete